As you can probably imagine, I get a lot of questions about computers, hardware, software, and best of breed practices for today's digital age. One of the things about being established since 1935, is that I have seen it all come and go, and I am happy to share my experience and knowledge as often as I can.
Below you find links to articles I write periodically. These topics are based on questions I get from clients, and when I get the same question more than once, I think it's a good idea to post them here. I hope you find them beneficial.
Tips, Tech Support, and Advice
Same Day Repairs Available
- Servicing Nassau County and Western Suffolk
FAQs, Advice, and Tech Support Articles
Please contact us if you a unique problem or questions regarding your equipment.
- A Preview of Windows 10: What Changes? - Windows 10 is both the most advanced and the simplest Windows Operating System to date. It is created for every individual, not the one for all aspects that most operating systems of the past have been. Learn what to expect with this new version.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Backing Up to the Cloud - Cloud storage is a virtual place that keeps files and important documents from your computers, phones and tablets in one place, where they can be accessed from anywhere you have an Internet connection. While this is convenient, there are also potential security risks involved.
- How to Automatically Update Your System Drivers - With computer technology rapidly changing, it is important to keep your system current. This helps keep your computer stable and secure, and this includes your drivers. Learn how to update these automatically.
- Benefits of a Multi Drive RAID Backup - A Redundant Array of Independent Disks, otherwise known as RAIDs, are essentially two or more hard drives working together as one. There are quite many benefits to this setup as a form of backup for all of your files.
- Pros and Cons of Automatic Windows Updates - Windows updates are neccessary to fix bugs, offer security enhancements and keep your computer running smoothly. Automatic updates allow these changes to go through regularly without the user having to do it. Although a great idea for some, others may not see this function as a benefit.
- What To Do If Your Online Store Account Gets Hacked - Having your online store compromised by a hacker can be devastating, but it can happen to anyone. Find out what you should do if this happens to you as well as how to protect your online presence before it happens.
- The Importance of Defragging Your Hard Drive - "My computer is running so slow, is it time to get a new one?" I which I had a dollar for every time I heard this complaint. Before getting a new computer, you might save yourself hundreds by learning about defragging.
- Advice on Setting Up a Home Network - These days, everyone has an Internet-ready device. Setting up a home network is nearly essential to live life the way it's expected. Fortunately, setting up a basic home network is easy with some simple guidelines.
- The Ten Major Differences Between the Windows and Macintosh Operating SystemsThe great debate still rages between Apple-enthusiasts and avid PC-users. It is a volatile and can quickly become hostile on Internet forums. In reality, which machine is "better" is really determined by personal preference and what you need from your machine. Both Windows and the Macintosh OS have their pros and cons and there are ten major differences between the two.
- Ten Tips For Buying A New Windows Computer - Buying a new Windows computer can be overwhelming when you're faced with so many options. Before making that expensive investment check out these ten handy buying tips that can help you find the best deal and make the right choice.
- Ten Tips For Buying A New Macintosh Computer - Buying a new Macintosh computer is a big investment and you want to make sure you get a Mac that fits all your requirements. These ten great buying tips will lay out your options and help you make your choice.
Copyright 2013 A1 Rivoli - All Rights Reserved. All Art Licensed by Shutterstock.
This page was last updated: February 11, 2017
4033 New Rd
Phone: (516) 538-3611
Free Pick Up